NEID Members Eliza Petrow, Tanya Jones and Karen Keating Ansara have spearheaded a collaborative response from NEID to the Ebola crisis. Through multiple panels with local experts and international NGOs, as well as the Beyond Ebola Fund, NEID is addressing immediate and well as future needs that may arise.
NEID Member Blogs
- NEID Member Rachel Pohl’s Global Health Delivery Project blog post: Innovation in Health and Social Impact: Aligning Global Health Delivery and Ecosystem Conservation to Achieve Health and Sustainable Development
- NEID Member Eliza Petrow’s reflections on the most recent panel.
- Blog about NEID’s Panel on Ebola at Opportunity Collaboration
Please follow these links for an Ebola Response Table of Donors chart and an Ebola Response Table of Funds chart. (Updated: 1.12) These downloadable charts are a partial list of some of the Ebola Funds and Donor Commitments that we are currently aware of. To better understand the recipients of the above list of donor funding, please follow this link for an Ebola Response Table of Recipients chart. This downloadable chart contains updated information on the work of the related INGOs, Social Enterprises, Grassroots Organizations, and Governments.
Please note that this information is not intended as an endorsement of any particular fund or organization, and the information is changing so rapidly that there are likely many groups and donor funds missing. However, we are posting this list in an effort to share information to facilitate collaboration. Please send us an email at if you have additional information that should be added to this list of donor funds and commitments to respond to Ebola. Thank you.
The latest news:
- Jeffrey Walker: Investing in Community Health Workers Was the Best Thing We Did in our Fight Against Ebola
- New York Times: Pattern of Safety lapses where group worked to battle Ebola Outbreak
- New York Times: Empty Ebola Clinics in Liberia Are Seen as Misstep in U.S. Relief Effort
- Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors without Borders (MSF) Report: Pushed to the Limit and Beyond: A year into the largest ever Ebola outbreak
- The Guardian: Ebola Crisis brutally exposed failures of the aid system, says MSF
- New York Times: One Year Later, Ebola Outbreak Offers Lessons for Next Epidemic
- New York Times: Last Ebola Patient is Released in Liberia
- The Guardian: Fighting Ebola Requires a Culture Change in the West, as well as in West Africa
- New York Times: Nearly Halted in Sierra Leone, Ebola Makes Comeback by Sea
- Foreign Policy: As Ebola Spreads to U.S., Pentagon Deploys More Troops to Africa to Fight Outbreak
- New York Times: Officials Say Ebola Cases Are Falling in West Africa
- WHO: Government of Mali and WHO announce the end of the Ebola outbreak in Mali
- New York Times: Ebola Ravages Economies in West Africa
- New York Times: Source of Ebola Outbreak in West Africa Might be Bats
- TIME Person of the Year: Ebola Fighters in West Africa
- Listen to “Africa Stop Ebola” – Buy the song on iTunes: ALL PROFITS go to Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors without Borders (MSF).
- Continued Commitment from Funders Encourages a Vision for a Post Ebola Liberia
- Why Your Brain Wants To Help One Child In Need — But Not Millions
- BBC: Millions of Ebola vaccine doses by end of 2015